dimanche 7 mars 2010

The week on a Cresswell Micro

Spring is not quite here yet, but the rain has held off and there is no sign of snow for the moment, so the Micro has seen a fair bit of use over the last seven days. Mostly replacing the 20kg+ supermarket bike on the bread run in the mornings - I took two days off work at the end of the week. Replaced the saddle as well during the week for one I originally bought for a renovation project that never got beyond the drawing board state. The new one is on rails with an adapter clip, which means that I have gained about 15mm saddle height.
One of the main issues I have now with the Micro is with the seat tube/saddle interface. I experienced some severe creaking recently from this area, so resolved this issue with a light oiling. However, a new problem occurs of the seat post gradually slipping down into the frame each time I go over a bump. Added to this the seat post emerges black and oily once out of the frame. So, it's remove the oil, leaving the minimum to prevent creaking. I have tightened the quick release as far as possible, so we'll see if this holds up....

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire